Coached 100+ Boston Marathon Qualifiers
Coached 7 runners to U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
Coached 2 athletes to top-10 US Marathon rankings
I believe there are 5 basic tenets to training for distance running (Consistency, Capacity, Frequency, Mixture, Passion) and much of our success in the sport will depend on how well we balance these tenets together. While these 5 tenets are universal across all runners, the optimal balance between each and how each is best utilized depends on the individual and their background, personal situation and goals.
My goal and philosophy as a coach is to bring to the table a thorough understanding of each tenet, acquired over many decades of personal experience, tireless research and 1-to-1 coaching of hundreds of runners of all goals and abilities, in order to act as a Sherpa to help guide the runner to their goals, to help them understand what it will take, and then lead them step by step to get there.
Each athlete’s journey will be different, but with common threads, and in every case I strive to help make that journey as enriching as the final destination.
Mark is ready to help you
Mark has had a life long passion for the sport of running, starting as a kid in the mountains of North Carolina running in road races and track and cross country meets, continuing on through college where he ran track and cross country for the University of Mississippi, to post collegiately and the world of road and trail races. A student of the sport with a passion for understanding and studying all aspects of running, Mark turned his attention from competitor to coach over a decade ago and started Maximum Performance Running in 2010 to help other runners chase and achieve their running goals. Mark works extensively on training theory, marrying sound physiological principles with real world application based on individual needs and situations.
Here are just a few of the successes athletes have had under Coach Hadley’s coaching and programs:
– Coached 7 different runners to U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials Qualifers
– Top 8 finisher at a the Chicago Marathon in her marathon debut
– Top American female finisher at the NYC Marathon in her marathon debut
– 2 athletes ranked in the Top 10 in the U.S. for the year in the marathon
– Dozens of marathon winners
– Dozens of half marathon winners
– Multiple ultra-marathon winners
– Numerous marathon course record holders
– Numerous half marathon course record holder
– Multiple ultra-marathon course record holders
– 10 top 10 performances at USATF U.S. National Road Championship events
– Podium finish at Western States 100 Ultra-marathon
– 4 U.S. single-age records (5k road, 10k track, half marathon, marathon)
– Over a hundred Boston Marathon Qualifiers
– Dozens of successful marathon debuts
– Hundreds of marathon PR’s
– Dozens of successful half marathon debuts
– Hundreds of half marathon PR’s
– Hundreds of age group victories